If you are an author or publisher interested in having me review your book, please contact me using the form at the bottom of this page or email me at email@example.com. Please make sure to read my guidelines before you do so!
- I will consider books for review as well as author interviews. I will only interview authors I have read.
- I review primarily YA fiction and I prefer contemporary (with or without fantastical elements), thriller, light fantasy, romance (particularly if it’s LGBTQIAP+ romance), and horror. Science fiction and high fantasy appeal to me on a case-by-case basis; generally those stories would have to feature marginalized characters in order for me to read them. I also read adult fiction (primarily horror and thriller) and middle grade fiction (same genres as YA). I also LOVE comics and would consider any of those.
- I post all reviews I write, positive or negative. While I don’t always review books I select on my own, I do always review ARCs and review copies regardless of rating.
- I cross-post my reviews on Goodreads, LibraryThing, and Amazon.
- The time it takes me to read and review a book request varies; depending on my back log, you can expect that I will have a review up in approximately 2 weeks to one month after I receive the book. If you have a particular date or date range in mind, please let me know and I would be happy to work with you.
- I prefer print books, but I’m also happy to accept ebooks. I prefer .mobi (Kindle) format as I use the Kindle app on my iPad to read, but I will also accept .pdf.
- I post a note about whether I received an ARC or review copy of a book in each review. If I do not explicitly mention this, then I chose to read the book on my own without any influence from the author, publisher, or anyone else involved with the book. I do not accept compensation in exchange for writing a review.
- I post content warnings at the beginning of each review. This does not necessarily mean that there is anything wrong with the book; I include these notes in case a reader may want to avoid certain content for personal reasons (such as suicide or car accidents). Reader mental health is important to me, and I want to ensure that readers know what they are getting into!