Hiya! I’m stealing this book tag from The Cursed Books! Questions are related to my reading routine, which is fairly predictable to some degree. Let’s get started!
1. HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU USUALLY READ AT ONCE?
I usually stick to one at a time unless:
- The book is EXTREMELY LONG and something shorter takes priority.
- I’m mid-book and I realize that I have a library book due within a day or two and I have to read that before finishing the one I’d already started.
- I need to read something for school.
I don’t typically like reading multiple books at once because once I put one down for something else it can be really tough for me to pick it back up.
2. IF YOU’RE READING MORE THAN ONE BOOK AT A TIME, HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHEN TO SWITCH BOOKS?
Since I don’t like to read more than one book at a time, book-switching for me tends to only happen by necessity. Library book due? Time to read that one. Discussion on a book due the next day for class? Time for that one. Otherwise, I tend to just stick with what I was already reading!
3. DO YOU EVER SWITCH BOOKMARKS WHILE YOU’RE PARTWAY THROUGH A BOOK?
Nope! I don’t even switch bookmarks between books… My partner made me a pretty beaded bookmark for Christmas several years back and it’s my favorite thing ever, so despite the fact that I own over a hundred bookmarks, I only really use this one.
4. WHERE DO YOU KEEP THE BOOK(S) YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING?
It depends on where I’m reading! Usually I keep the book I’m reading on the couch, on the coffee table, or on the night stand next to my bed.
5. WHAT TIME OF DAY DO YOU SPEND THE MOST TIME READING?
Definitely the evening! I can’t focus enough in the morning to concentrate on a book, so most of my reading time happens after I’ve finished most everything else I need to do during the day.
6. HOW LONG DO YOU TYPICALLY READ IN ONE SETTING?
At least an hour or two. I don’t like to read in bits and pieces, so most of the time I’ll read a book straight through if it’s short enough. Otherwise, I’ll break it into a few longer reading sessions. I get really absorbed when I’m reading and don’t like taking breaks very much.
7. DO YOU READ HARDBACKS WITH THE DUST JACKET ON OR OFF?
Most of the time I leave it on unless I’m concerned about ripping it or it doesn’t want to stay on the book! I generally don’t mind reading with the dust jacket on, and I feel weird leaving it lying about unattended, so I just leave it on. It feels easier.
8. WHAT POSITION DO YOU MAINLY USE TO READ?
Generally I’ll be curled up on the couch, but I’m the type of person that flips into different positions every few minutes trying to get comfortable. I am very bad at being comfortable.
9. DO YOU TAKE THE BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING WITH YOU EVERYWHERE?
Nope! Unless I’m leaving the house for at least one night or for a very long day trip in which I anticipate doing nothing but sitting around, I tend to just leave my books at home. My iPad travels with me everywhere, though, so I always have my ebooks with me if I need them.
10. HOW OFTEN DO YOU UPDATE YOUR GOODREADS PROGRESS ON THE BOOK YOU’RE CURRENTLY READING?
I almost never update Goodreads while I’m reading! I use Bookout to track my reading while I’m doing it because I like the statistics and habit-tracking, and using multiple systems for the same purpose gets to be too much for me. I’ll update once in a while if I REALLY need to share a thought while I’m reading, but that’s about it. Otherwise, I just update when I finish reading a book, adding my star rating and my start and end dates.
That’s it for me! I’m not going to tag anyone because I’m way too shy for tagging, but feel free to steal if you want to do this, too! (I love tags and definitely like being tagged, but I often feel too intimidated to tag others.)
What reading position do you find most comfortable? Let’s discuss in the comments!